Ned “Kin” W. Heyward, Jr. is a Director at Q10 iCap Realty Advisors where his responsibilities include loan and equity joint venture production. Kin has extensive knowledge about life insurance lenders and was instrumental in the launch of Prudential’s small loan program known as PruExpress. He also brings 45 years of experience in real estate finance having seen firsthand multiple industry cycles. Notable transactions include:
- 100% equity financing for the development of a proposed retail shopping center in Nashville, Tennessee. The development had a projected budget of over $106 M. Equity was sourced from a U.S. real estate investment advisor and an affiliate German investor.
- Equity financing for the development of a proposed high-end multi-family project in Atlanta, Georgia. The budget was in excess of $53M and equity was sourced from a U.S. real estate investment advisor.
- $6.3M in third party equity financing for the development of a proposed high-end multi-family project in Atlanta, GA. The budget was over $58 million and the deal was secured during the height of the 2007-2008 credit crunch.
- $8M loan for a retail center secured despite a short-term remaining with the anchor tenant. Loan was sourced from a correspondent life insurance company lender.
- $16M permanent loan for a retail center secured through a correspondent life insurance company lender. The refinance allowed the owner to contribute excess funds towards the rehabilitation of the center.
- $1.1M in joint venture equity from a private investor for a proposed 140,800 s.f. distribution center. The project had no pre-leasing and was one of the first endeavors of the regional developer.
Kin has been engaged in commercial real estate finance in Atlanta since 1972 and his career has spanned executive positions in several financial institutions, culminating in 1996 with the founding of Alliance Realty Advisors, currently doing business as iCap Realty Advisors. His previous positons include:
- Alliance Realty Advisors –Founded in 1996
- Insignia Mortgage & Investment Company – Sr. VP instrumental in the rollout of PruExpress
- Fickling & Walker (now SouthTrust Mortgage)
- C&S Realty Investors
- BA Mortgage (a subsidiary of Bank of America)
Kin holds an MBA in Finance from Georgia State University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management from the Georgia Institute of Technology. He is also a licensed commercial drone pilot and enjoys shooting architectural and real estate video and photography.
Contact Kin at (404) 946-6901 or firstname.lastname@example.org